First thing, what exactly is latex? I found out that latex is a natural material that comes from trees. It is commonly found in gloves, balloons, condoms, pacifiers/baby bottle nipples, elastic and spandex. The concern here then would be diapers with exposed elastic at the waistbands or the leg area.
So I reached out to a few of my favorite manufacturers to find out which diapers are latex free. Here's what I found:
- Baby Kicks PUL and elastic bands are FREE of latex
- Apple Cheeks products do contain latex in the elastic*
- Rumparooz products do contain latex in the leg elastic*
- Bummis products do contain latex in the elastic*
- Thirsties Duo Diaper, Duo Wrap & Diaper Covers, Inserts, Prefolds & Doublers are FREE of latex. Their Duo Fabs & Duo AIOs do contain latex*
*Though these products contain latex, the manufacturers said that the elastic is encased in fabric, so the use of these products remains at the discretion of the user.
For more information on Latex Allergies check out the American Latex Allergy Association.
I will reach out to my other manufacturers, and welcome input regarding any other products. If you know of any other cloth diaper brands that are free of latex, please leave a comment so I can grow my list and help other folks!