Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-changes: Eco Babies becomes Lilly's Diaper Pad

I haven't written a post on this blog in 6 months, or done a whole lot with respect to my business for that matter.  I can definitely say that this period has re-affirmed to me the old adage about getting out what you put in - i.e. you reap what you sow.  I haven't been putting in as much time and effort as I had been in the first year, but there is a reason for that, so, here's a window into what has been going on with me, and a little bit of where the biz is headed.

First thing, I was very much pregnant for the first 6 months of 2012.  We welcomed our second beautiful baby girl, Zoë Elizabeth, on June 8.  Meanwhile, back in October 2011 we put an offer on a house and the whole sale was quite a stressful one.  This consumed our lives till March as we had to do renovations, pack, move, find a tenant for our current home, etc,  And let's not forget I am still working my stressful full-time job.  It was as if everything that could happen just decided to happen at one time.  So, Eco Babies had to sit on the back burner for a bit.  During this time also we decided to change the business name so it could stand out from all the other "Eco" and "Baby" businesses out there.  So here I am with all this stuff going on and trying to conjure up a new business name.

Now that things are a little settled I am trying to get this business back on track.  We have a new name and a fancy new logo. We're going to continue doing cloth diapering workshops hosted by Holy Cross Hospital, and will be doing workshops in my home hopefully by next month.  That's right, it is a little weird, but, this new home has afforded me some space that I am going to take advantage of. And let's be real, the best place for a small home-based business to start is at home :)  I remember when I bought my first cloth diaper we went to a workshop at the Owner's home and they seem to be doing really well now.

The DC Metro area still does not have many conveniently located storefronts for cloth diapers.  Though I am not ready to open a storefront yet, I believe that my home in Bowie (15 minutes from Washington, DC), can possibly fill a gap and provide a convenient option for customers to come check out some diapers.

So, look out for Lilly's Diaper Pad. We're coming back HARD!




No comments:

Post a Comment